Rachael LaBounty from the NDE will be available to assist schools.
- January 13, 2014
- 9:00 – 3:00 at ESU #17 Training Center, Ainsworth, NE
Crisis Team Training
Level IV ESU #13, Scottsbluff, NE
February 4, 2014 9:00-3:30
Level IV ESU #10, Kearney, NE
February 11, 2014 9:00-3:30
Level IV Lifelong Learning Center, Norfolk, NE
February 18, 2014 9:00-3:30
Data Use for CSI (Continuous School Improvement)
The purpose of this workshop will be to assist districts and systems in using the DRS to prepare for an upcoming school improvement visit or AdvancED External Review. Various data sources will be explored. Specifically, data will be extracted from the DRS system and formatted in such a way as to inform internal discussion, analysis, and decision-making as well as to prepare documentation for sharing and reporting. Participants will need access to the Data Reporting System Secured Site on the NDE Portal for their school district in order to participate fully in the training.
- February 12, 2014
- 9:00-3:00 at ESU #17 Training Center, Ainsworth, NE
- Facilitators: Rachael LaBounty-NDE and Jeff McQuistan
- Register online
APL Instructional Skills Workshop
This 5-day training (3 days in March 2014, 2 days in October 2014) results in an immediate and positive impact on both student and staff performance. The Instructional Skills Workshop has enjoyed rave reviews from every organization that has offered it. It is beneficial for all educators, from novice to veteran, and is designed to provide participants with a top-notch professional growth experience focusing on instructional and classroom management skills.
- Increased student time on task.
- Improved student behavior.
- Improved student performance.
- Insights Into and options for classroom organization.
- Motivation of students.
- Classroom management techniques that work.
As part of the Instructional Skills Workshop, APL Associates makes available to participants TEACHING: THE BOOK as a resource in support of the instructional skills and strategies taught in the five day workshop.
- Trainers: Jean Anastasio and David Perry, APL
- March 25-26-27, 2014 (Days 1 through 3 of 5-day training; Days 4&5 will be held October 28-29, 2014)
- 9:00-3:00 at site TBD (either the Training Center or the Administration Building, determined by registration numbers)
- Lunch will be provided
- Registration – FREE to ESU #17 educators; $100.00/person outside of ESU #17 for Days 1-3
- Register online for Days 1-3; Days 4&5 will be a separate registration
- Limit of 50 registrations; ESU #17 educators will be given priority through March 7, 2013.